Monday, May 21, 2007

Bigger space needed

Well, I have already come to the conclusion that I need a bigger space. I feel like my 240 square foot (that at one time felt ample), is just too small. I had high hopes of setting up a hands-on center for the kids to paint and draw. I just don't have the room.

I have started to look for a larger space, and we aren't even to the Grand Opening yet. I have found a location that is in a newly developing area. It would be perfect. Enough space to have room for easels and work tables for kids, a sitting area for parents, the shop, and a snack counter. I wanted a space that I could have lessons and camps during school breaks. I wanted a place that kids could come to create. A place that I would have plenty of room to set up my equipment and creat. I just don't have that where I am. I feel that I need more inventory to fulfill the need, but yet I don't have enough room for it all. I feel cramped.

I think that I am just getting stressed with the opening this Friday.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

hang in there sara! you're nearly there! just take it one step at a time...

i'm a bit like you though... you have a vision and you just want everything perfect and the way you want it NOW! lol i understand :)

Mendy at Modern Charm said...

This is exciting! And completely inspiring to the rest of us! Go Sara!

The Little Ladybug said...

I know its exciting and frustrating but just hang in there. The big day is almost here.

Stacey said...

How did the grand opening go?

Anonymous said...

You are kidding me right???
Please delete all referrals to Bucktown & Bucktown Madame in future & past blogs. It is copyright protected.
Thanks