Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Promoting at Venus Envy

Saturday, April 28th, Davenport had their Venus Envy celebration. This is a festival that celebrates women in all aspects of art. This celebration was held at the Bucktown Center, the home of the future Daisy Jane Boutique.

I made up flyers announcing the new boutique that would be inside of the Bucktown Center. The Grand Opening of a one-of-a-kind children's boutique with unique gifts from around the world, drew a lot of attention. I made up a lot of flyers, and people were taking stacks to share with their friends.

The overall reaction has been phenomenal. I wanted to stay with all things being handmade, as to not disrupt the art feel at Bucktown. Other Bucktown artists and board members think that this is a wonderful idea and will draw a large crowd. There is no other retail settings like it in the area.

Everything is getting so exciting, and I will be making up advertisements to run in the newspapers the week of the Grand Opening. I have ordered small items from other artisians to use as gifts and free-with-purchase items. I will have excitement all day long for the Grand Opening, as it coninsides with the Bucktown Final Friday event for May.

Stay tuned for more info.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Sara, this all sounds wonderfully exciting! Wish I could be there for the grand opening!

It's such a unique concept - wish we had a store like that here in Sydney!

I'll be counting down the days with you - best of luck!

Cathy