Thursday, May 17, 2007

Owwwww!

I have this stupid black pole that is in the middle of my boutique (it is an old warehouse converted into shops, so everyone has them). Well, it kind of confines my arranging and displays.

I decided that chicken wire would look really cute. I would staple it to the wall and then to my "pole". It is only a 3 ft gap. Then I purchased the cutest mini clothespins to hang things from it. Well... I thought this was a good idea.

As I was holding the chicken wire to staple it to the wall, the other side kept falling and attacking me. I look like I was in a fight with a cat. It really hurts, so note to self: wear long sleeves when working with chicken wire. And my husband will be angry when he finds out that I did this all on my own. He seems to think that I can't do things on my own sometimes. I am woman, hear me roar!!!

Finally I decided that I can't staple directly to the wall. I can't get the stapler in there tight enough because it is at a T. So, I have to quit for the day and grandpa is cutting me a 1x2 so that I can nail that to the wall, and then staple the chicken wire to the board.

And I was actually going to take pictures today to show the progress, and I forgot the camera at home. Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day...

In today's mail, I received packages from crochetmaggie, tresijas, and lillah.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

lol sounds like you're having fun! the chicken wire is a great idea - i'm sure once it's up it will look great! will it bear the weight of things you're pegging to it?

well the countdown is well and truly on... i have my own countdown happening - the weekend of the grand opening is also the weekend i'm christening my son! lots to do so i should get on with it!

Daisy Jane said...

I am just going to be hanging hairbows and jewelry from the chicken wire. That stuff all together doesn't weigh more than a pound. I don't think.